Story navigation Start Story start 1 update
Resolved1 update Updated May 4

HOW KENYAN INTELLIGENCE SERVICE CONTACTED THE MUNGIKI

The International Criminal Court Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda’s evidence that was to be used against President Uhuru Kenyatta adversely mentions the country’s intelligence agency. Bensouda says a man thought to be an agent of the National Security Intelligence Service (NSIS), now National Intelligence Service, playe

Sign in to follow Follow this story to get bell alerts when new updates publish.
Share
Latest updates
Alerts and app Choose how this story reaches you.

Follow this story

Sign in once to follow HOW KENYAN INTELLIGENCE SERVICE CONTACTED THE MUNGIKI, pin Nyakundi, and come back to the same story as it develops.

Sign in
  1. 1

    Follow thread

    Create or open your account, then follow this thread from the story header.

  2. 2

    Pick alerts

    Choose every update, major updates, daily recap, documents only, or no notifications.

  3. 3

    Pin app

    Install Nyakundi so push alerts reopen this exact story.

  4. 4

    Share link

    Use the parent story link when you want the whole evolution to travel together.

Pin Nyakundi

Install the site as an app so followed-story alerts open straight back into the file.

Where we are so far

If you are joining us

Key points

Live updates

Latest developments

Newest first. Times are shown on every update; older context continues below.

1 update in this file Story overview
Photo
Update link
Nyakundi Report

HOW KENYAN INTELLIGENCE SERVICE CONTACTED THE MUNGIKI

download (4)
download (4)

Media in this update

1 item
download (4)

download (4)

Photo

The International Criminal Court Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda’s evidence that was to be used against President Uhuru Kenyatta adversely mentions the country’s intelligence agency. Bensouda says a man thought to be an agent of the National Security Intelligence Service (NSIS), now National Intelligence Service, played a key role in getting the outlawed Mungiki sect to be actively involved in the 2007-2008 post-election violence. The evidence describes how Mungiki was contacted by the agency and how eight of its top officials were eliminated after violence ended. The allegations by the Office of the Prosecutor contained in the pre-trial brief link the President to the outlawed sect. Bensouda says attempts to establish an alliance between the...

Source: nyakundireportblog Linked source

Visual file

Latest media in this story

Photos and videos from the update stream, linked back to the exact moment they entered the file.